National Novel Writing Month 2015 is less than two weeks away! If you haven’t started prepping, it’s still not too late! Here’s a short essentials list to get you started.
- Check out the NaNo Prep page! See how it gleams with resources, author advice, and calendar dates for nice online chats with fellow writers.
- Remind yourself how NaNoWriMo works. This really depends on how new you are. Or how foggy your memory is getting.
Here are three tips some NaNoWriMo veterans have shared:
- Never edit as you go. If you get caught up with editing, your story will never meet your expectations and you’ll get bored. You don’t want to get bored. Fall in love with your story!
- Don’t quit if you get behind. You’ll still feel happy if you finish a book in December. – Marie M.
- Remember you are doing this for you. Not to impress friends. Not to get published. Do this because it makes you happy. Remember that you love to write, even when it’s hard.
Here’s some helpful resources outside of the NaNoWriMo website:
- Writer’s Digest – Novel in 30 Days Worksheets
- Story Starter – Worksheet
- Character Generator
- How to Publish (for afterwards)
- Fiction University – How to Plot with the 3 Act Structure
- Advanced Fiction Writing – Snowflake Method for Designing your Novel
Change your Desktop Image to this beautiful NaNoWriMo word count calendar: